Monday, November 28, 2011

BYOC TREMOLO

Hi everyone, in this post I want to share a little bit about a tremolo pedal from Build Your Own Clone (BYOC). As we know from previous post, BYOC is one of the best DIY FX kits source available. They don't just sell clone kits, their kits sound as good or even better than the real ones! What's not to like?

Tremolo? Not really using it
I am not really accustomed to using tremolo effect in my guitar playing. Using tremolo effect is something that I would like to explore more in the future. BYOC claims that their tremolo pedal is based on an Australian tremolo pedal that is actually based on an old Fender Blackface amplifier's tremolo setting. I haven't tried both the Australian pedal and Fender Blackface amp. I never used any tremolo pedal before in my life.

So I built this pedal when it arrives; populating PCB, solder, connect the potentiometers, jacks and enclosure, etc. It's not really difficult to get it done, but to get it done perfectly you have to have a good soldering skill. I managed to get it done except for the 9v DC power jack connection. So far, I used battery to get it running.

Sound
The sound that I'm getting from this pedal is awesome! The tremolo effect is actually a little bit between square and triangular if you know what I mean. It goes from silent to full volume not too all in a sudden but there's a slight sudden slow fall. You might be able to modify the tremolo mode by tweaking some internal component as far as I know.

It is worth the money but don't really know how good it is.
I can't yet give this pedal a score as I never tried any other tremolo in this planet. I know that Electro Harmonix makes a tremolo pedal called Pulsar and they also had a multi effect pedal called Worm and they are not priced too high for a tremolo pedal. This pedal is priced at $75.00, I don't know how much is the EA Tremolo but EHX pulsar is priced at around $84.00 and Worm is around $110.00; Boss TR-2 is at around $100.00 and it's not true bypass. By looking at these numbers, I think we all know that the BYOC Tremolo is actually worth the money.

Sound clip is coming soon.

Cheers and God bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment