Thursday, October 18, 2012

RECORDING SOME STUFF

Hello people, I'm glad to announce that I will come up with something before Christmas this year. It's an amateur recording of popular Christmas songs that I cover using many different genres that are mainly guitar driven. It's gonna be an instrumental album and the title is going to be called "LAGU KRESMES". I will post more detail soon. It's gonna feature my Stratocasters and my new Ibanez AK95DVS.



Anyway, many of you might be wondering about my recording setup at home so I will explain how I do recording in my home. For the software, I use AUDACITY, it's a free recording software that you can download. It has tons of great features such as EQ, Noise Removal, Panning, Time Shift, Split Stereo, Leveller, Compressor, etc.

For the hardware, I am using a cheap but good USB Mixer called Yamaha MW10C. It's connected directly to the USB of my PC. It has 10 channels with adjustable knobs such as level, treble, mid, bass, compression, pan, gain, etc. I don't use studio monitor, but I got a free JBL standard PC speakers that I use to listen to the recorded tracks. It does its job properly so I don't use professional studio monitor.

To record my guitar tracks, I use a Radial JDX direct amplifier box that's plugged in between my Mesa Transatlantic TA-30 and my Mesa Mini Recto Cab. It's not totally transparent but I'm able to EQ the tone to get it as similar as possible to the real sound that I'm getting from the cab using the Yamaha MW mixer's EQ knobs.

The bass tracks are coming from my Ibanez BTB775 bass that's plugged into my Line 6 POD X3. The keyboard tracks are from my Yamaha PSR keyboard plugged into my POD X3 as well. The drum tracks also come from the Yamaha keyboard. I can't afford buying real drum set at this time, I have to save some money first.

That's all for now, stay tuned for some audio clips, and thanks for checking this blog out, today we hit 12000 views! Cheers and God bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment