Friday, October 10, 2014

UPDATE: JUST POSTED A NEW ORIGINAL SONG

Hello people, I was busy coming up with the follow up song for "Edge of the Mind". I spent the whole September to perfect my new song and ended up with a final version that I really like. The new song is called "Decisive", it is basically a Progressive Metal song with some experimentation of sound that I added in the song. I am particularly happy with how the rhythm turns out.

Apart from writing the song, the mixing was quite challenging. I have never dealt with so many tracks in one song before that I had to be extremely careful with the EQ and panning to avoid instruments clashing each other.

Talking about the gear being used, I am very happy with my new Ibanez GRX720 7 string guitar that I acquired earlier this year. I recently put DiMarzio D-Activator 7 string on the bridge as well as Blaze 7 on the neck and the change of tone is quite drastic to be honest and now it sounds very good for metal and rock. Palm mutings have never been this tight, sustain has never been this long; however, the pickups punches the amp way too hard and makes it distorts very easily so I have to back down the gain a little bit to avoid oversaturation.

I also used my beloved American Standard HSS Stratocaster on this record for the middle part of the song. It is still configured as it was previously with DiMarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2 and AirZone.

Effects, I am using MXR Dyna Comp coupled with Boss CS-3 as well as Boss GE-7 and Boss NS-2 to get a very pronounced pick attack and then run them into my old trustee Radial Tonebone Hot British and BB Preamp in front of a clean Mesa TA-30. Delays and reverbs are coming from DAW plugins from Reaper.

Anyway enough talking, here is the new song:


I hope you enjoy this song and please help me to share this song to your friends. Cheers for now! God bless :)

Stay tuned for my next post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment