Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What Happens When I Combined Guitar with Electronic Music

Hello everyone, I just made a new song. Basically I experimented with mixing and blending traditional rock instrumental guitar music with electronic music. This is the result:



I was trying to explore new genres of music such as electronica, trance, dance and dubstep. While they are all definitely cool sounding music, I always felt that a little bit of rock guitar melody could enhance those music a little bit. Hence, my latest project was born.

In case you are wondering about the equipment that I used, I utilized my MIM Standard Stratocaster with a combination of BB Preamp and Radial Tonebone Hot British straight to the Mesa TA-30 to the Radial JDX to my USB Interface. Then I added essential plugins such as reverb, delay, compressor and EQ in the Reaper DAW.

For drum, I still use Hydrogen and I find it quite difficult for me to switch to other drum machine because it just feels very natural to me to create beat patterns. I also experimented with some plugins such as Valhalla Shimmer as the ambient reverb for some tracks, Up Stereo to enhance stereo and loudness, TAL Noise Maker to generate some weird synth sounds, and Aquestone to create that weird sounding vocal emulation.

There you go, my little experiment in the electronic music side of the world :) I hope you enjoy my music. Don't forget to subscribe at my Youtube. Cheers and God bless :)


No comments:

Post a Comment